Planning a Fence Installation?
When planning any home improvement project, a little prep work can go a long way to ensure a happy, hassle-free outcome.
- Check with your HOA to be sure there are no restrictions on fence installation or if there are style guidelines in effect for your community.
- Locate your plat to determine your property lines. You will want to be sure the fence lies within the confines of your own property.
- Discuss your intentions with your immediate neighbors. They may be considering a similar project, in which case you might be able to pool your resources and share the costs of a dividing fence.
- Obtain the required building permits. Building codes and local zoning ordinances may restrict your fence installation, both in terms of height and design.
- Contact your local utility companies to help you determine the location of underground gas, water and power lines. The service is usually free.
- Determine your fence style and materials based on your needs and your home’s architecture. Will the fence be purely an aesthetic landscaping feature? Are you looking for absolute privacy? Will it be used to control access to a pool, protect the children’s play area or prevent your dog from escaping? Your answers will go a long way in determining what type of fence is best for you.
Contour Fence offers free estimates, material samples, and a complimentary design service to help make the process easy. We handle all legwork too, such as obtaining the necessary permits.